KYOCERA Wireless Introduces New Suite of Universal Accessories with Bluetooth Wireless Technology at CTIA Wireless 2006
LAS VEGAS -- (April 5, 2006) -- Kyocera Wireless Corp., a leading global manufacturer of CDMA wireless phones and devices, today showcased a broad lineup of universal accessories featuring Bluetooth® wireless technology at the CTIA Wireless 2006 trade show. Part of the Genuine Accessories by Kyocera™ product suite, the new accessories are designed to enhance the value and convenience of virtually any Bluetooth-enabled handset.
"Kyocera Wireless is committed to simplifying the user experience with our handsets and Bluetooth technology is yet another way to do just that," said Tom Maguire, vice president of global marketing at Kyocera Wireless Corp. "With the wide array of new accessories we're introducing at the CTIA Wireless show, there is something to fit every consumer's needs."
Nearly a dozen new Bluetooth-enabled accessories range from Bluetooth headsets to sunglasses and rear-view mirrors:
Wearable Bluetooth Accessories
- Sunglasses - Made in conjunction with Zeal Optics, the Bluetooth-enabled sunglasses feature UV-activated photochromatic lenses, meaning they get darker in bright sun. The frames accommodate lenses and Kyocera Wireless will offer both mono and stereo versions.
- Stereo Headset - The stereo headset's ergonomic, over-the-ear design makes it wear-all-day comfortable while its feature set allows users to easily swap from listening to music to answering a call.
- Pendant Stereo Headset - Another choice in stereo headsets, the pendant is worn around the neck for style and convenience.
- LCD Headset - Featuring an external caller ID display, this ergonomic design features superior audio quality along with muting, transfer, voice-dial and call-waiting functions.
- Professional Headset - Kyocera's high-performance professional Bluetooth headset is sleek and compact with a glossy black finish. It uses DSP processing to enhance voice quality and includes easy-to-use controls for voice dialing, call waiting, muting and transferring calls.
- Mono Headset - An affordable choice in standard Bluetooth headsets, the Kyocera Bluetooth headset offers up to 8 hours of talk time and 150 hours of standby time.
- Premium Hands-Free Car Kit - This two-in-one device is a hands-free car kit with a robust speaker and stylish design. If the user desires privacy, a standard over-the-ear Bluetooth headset detaches from the device without interrupting the call.
- Rear-view Mirror - Mounting directly over most standard rear-view mirrors, this safety anti-glare mirror offers full hands-free functionality along with DSP technology for echo and noise cancellation.
- Installed Hands-Free Car Kit - Because it connects wirelessly to the phone, this car kit is extremely unobtrusive and features voice recognition, redial and auto-answer functions.
- Speakerphone - This portable, lightweight speakerphone provides up to five hours of talk time and 300 hours of stand-by time with mute and voice-activated functions for use anywhere.
- Mobile PhoneTools with PC Dongle - With this update to Kyocera's popular Mobile PhoneTools PC synchronization software, users can connect their phones to their computers via Bluetooth to easily sync contacts and calendar information, transfer custom ringtones and more.
The full suite of new Genuine Accessories by Kyocera with Bluetooth wireless technology will be available in early Q3. Additional information on Genuine Accessories by Kyocera is available at the Kyocera Wireless Web store (http://store.kyocera-wireless.com).
Other News from Kyocera Wireless
Along with its new suite of accessories, Kyocera Wireless made several other product- and technology-related announcements today at the CTIA Wireless 2006 trade show. The company announced several new wireless handsets along with a proprietary new secure battery technology to thwart the use of counterfeit batteries in Kyocera phones. Finally, Kyocera demonstrated prototype handsets showcasing emerging technologies like Wi-Fi/CDMA convergence and Qualcomm's MediaFLO™ and uiOne™ technologies.
About Kyocera Wireless Corp.
Kyocera Wireless Corp. is a leading supplier of innovative, feature-rich CDMA wireless devices and accessories for customers worldwide. Kyocera Wireless maintains an operating belief in the genius of simplicity and strives to make the wireless experience as simple and intuitive as humanly possible. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kyocera International Inc., which acquired QUALCOMM Incorporated's CDMA consumer wireless phone business in February 2000. Based in San Diego, the company is ISO-14001 and ISO-9001 certified and has won city, state and federal awards for its environmentally friendly manufacturing and recycling practices. For more information, please visit www.kyocera-wireless.com.
Kyocera Corporation (NYSE: KYO), the parent and global headquarters of the Kyocera Group, was founded in 1959 as a producer of advanced ceramics. By combining these engineered materials with metals and plastics, and integrating them with other technologies, Kyocera has become a leading supplier of telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages, electronic components, cameras, laser printers, copiers, solar energy systems and industrial ceramics. During the year ended March 31, 2005, Kyocera Corporation's consolidated net sales totaled approximately US$11 billion (JP¥ 1,180,655 million) with net income of approximately US$429 million (JP¥ 45,908 million).
© 2006 Kyocera Wireless Corp. All rights reserved. Kyocera is a registered trademark of Kyocera Corporation. Genuine Accessories by Kyocera is a trademark of Kyocera Wireless Corp. The Bluetooth word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG Inc. and any use of such marks by Kyocera Wireless Corp. is under license. MediaFLO and uiOne are trademarks of Qualcomm Inc. All other marks are properties of their respective owners.