KYOCERA Mita America Strongly Positioned for Success in 2008
Company Looks to New Products, Partnerships and Customers to Drive Growth
FAIRFIELD, N.J., January 23, 2008 - Kyocera Mita America, Inc., one of the world's leading document solutions companies, looks to 2008 to be a high-yielding growth year; building on the momentum achieved in 2007 with its release of several new products, a keen focus on document management solutions, substantial partnerships and a growing customer base.
Looking at its business structure, Kyocera Mita America's success comes as it offers its dealers a strategic approach to deliver a significantly expanded and more robust lineup of multifunctional products (MFPs) and printers. Kyocera Mita America's solutions continue to prove valuable to the end-user because they deliver ease-of-use technology, unparalleled reliability and lowest Total Cost of Ownership.
"Kyocera Mita is a company with tremendous growth prospects, and I am very pleased that we have been able to take such aggressive steps this year to build our future industry position," said Michael Pietrunti, president and CEO, Kyocera Mita America. "Our products have secured numerous industry accolades, and our strength in both North and Latin America coupled with innovative offerings, ever increasing brand awareness, and successful dealer programs helped us secure greater mind share."
Most notable, Kyocera received the following industry awards in 2007:
- In an unprecedented evaluation, Buyer's Laboratory, Inc. (BLI) declared Kyocera's KM-8030 segment-five MFP achieved outstanding results in the Extended-Term 2.5 Million Print Reliability Test
- Better Buys for Business acknowledged the Kyocera FS-2000D, the FS-4000DN, and the FS-9130DN for its 2007 Editor's Choice Awards.
- BERTL® "Four-Star, Highly Recommended" rating was awarded to each of Kyocera Mita America's color MFPs: the KM-C3232, KM-C3225 and KM-C2520.
- Industry Analysts, Inc., recognized the Kyocera KM-C3232 network color MFP as the market's ‘Overall Most Reliable Color MFP in the 26-35 Page-Per-Minute (PPM)' speed category.
- BLI ‘Four Star' rating was awarded to the KM-C4035E, with astounding ratings for its color and black image quality, ranking 5 out of 5 stars.
- BERTL ‘Five-Star, Exceptional' rating was given to Kyocera's KM-5050, KM-4050 and KM-3050 monochrome MFPs.
- BLI ‘Highly Recommended' honor was awarded to Kyocera's FS-9130DN after completing a 100,000-impression field-test; in which the device scored Excellent or Very Good in multiple aspects within the vendor comparison.
- "Printer Manufacturer of the Year" by Marketing Research Consultants, Inc., based upon reactions of independent office equipment dealers nationwide.
In 2007, Kyocera Mita America launched four new color MFPs, and four new monochrome MFPs. This represents the beginning of a strong line of color MFPs for the organization. In addition, 2007 brought the introduction of a new version of iTag, a scalable user-friendly document management solution ideal for small businesses or departmental environments. Additionally, KYOcapture, Kyocera Mita America's flagship server-based document capture workflow solution, has grown greater profits within the enterprise market.
In 2008, the Company plans to expedite its growth by capitalizing on the demand for color solutions, and will unveil several new offerings in its portfolio; allowing end-users to rapidly transition from older monochrome devices to new, color printers and MFPs.
This year, Kyocera Mita America emphasized its support of Managed Print Services (MPS), a program that focuses on increasing a customers' fleet productivity while reducing direct and indirect costs. Further support of this initiative will continue throughout 2008.
Certifications were also a key component in 2007 - as the Company became Cerner and MEDITECH certified for healthcare, NIST-certified for government, achieved Microsoft Gold Certification status and received International Standard Organization 14001 Environmental Management System Certification.
To ensure consistent growth, Kyocera Mita America invested in key partnerships to raise the Company's visibility and ability to grow printer market share.
In October 2007, Kyocera Mita America entered into a strategic distribution agreement with SYNNEX Corporation, a leading business process services company. This partnership was critical to the launch of Kyocera Mita America's new printer product line, EcoPro, and new channel program called EcoPro Plus.
Keeping the Momentum
Pietrunti continued, "Kyocera Mita America has spent the last 12 months growing and evolving its business, with much success. In 2008, our only plans are to continue to build on this momentum, and rapidly grow our business by focusing on a number of trends affecting our industry, and critical operational areas of our business. It will undoubtedly be an exciting year for the company."
ABOUT KYOCERA MITA AMERICA
Kyocera Mita America, Inc. (www.kyoceramita.com/us), headquartered in Fairfield, N.J., is a leading provider of computer-connectable peripherals, including network-ready digital MFPs/printers, laser printers, color MFPs/printers, digital laser facsimiles, and multifunctional and wide format imaging solutions. Kyocera Mita America is a group company of Kyocera Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. Kyocera Mita America, the first document solutions company with third-party certified sales data, has earned numerous honors for its products' high performance, reliability and cost efficiency. Kyocera Corporation's consolidated net revenues totaled $10 billion during the year ending on March 31, 2006.