KYOCERA Introduces New and Expanded 2010 Cutting Tool Catalog
Mountain Home, NC – February 3, 2010 – Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corporation, Cutting Tool Division, today announced the introduction of a new and expanded 2010 cutting tool product catalog.
The expanded cutting tool catalog features a full line of products and more than 4,000 new items to support a variety of applications including turning, milling, drilling, grooving, threading, cut-off and Swiss.
New products featured in the 2010 catalog include:
- Megacoat Ceramic grade PT600M – achieves significantly greater tool life approaching that of Cubic Boron Nitride (CBN)
- Megacoat KBN-series CBN – improved stability and extended tool life at accelerated machining speeds
- Megacoat Cermet grades PV7005(cast iron) and PV7010 (steel) – improved tool life and superior surface finish
- CF1 Cell Fiber Ceramic – excellent performance when machining high-temperature alloys under 50Rc
- Double Clamp Tool Holder – increases clamping rigidity with a single action, improving machining stability
- Dynamic Boring Bar – aerodynamic design improves chip evacuation, reduces chattering and improves machining stability
- Double-sided Swiss Tooling – double-sided negative inserts increase productivity and stability
- SIGE Internal Grooving System – screw clamp-type tool holder featuring a large chip pocket design that provides excellent chip evacuation
- Full integration of the acquired OTM product line – Holeshot, Coremaster, Stinger and custom drills; counterbores, countersinks, end mills, face mills, chamfer mills and custom milling cutters; and API ring groovers
- Expanded line-up of M-series Milling Cutters – MEC and MECX end mills and face mills; MECH helical end mills; MSR and MSRS heavy roughing cutters
Kyocera’s 2010 cutting tool catalog includes an improved technical section that contains conversion charts, feed and speed information, grade crossover charts, formulas and countermeasures for solving typical machining problems.
For additional Kyocera cutting tool product information or to request a copy of the 2010 catalog, please contact:
Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corporation (http://www.kyocera.com/kicc) is headquartered in Vancouver, Wash. The company manufactures cutting tools and advanced ceramic components, and markets LCDs, thermal printheads, metalized ceramic products, industrial lenses, resin products and orthopedic implant products. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kyocera International, Inc. of San Diego, the North American holding company for Kyocera Corporation.
Kyocera Corporation (NYSE: KYO) (TOKYO: 6971) (http://global.kyocera.com/), the parent and global headquarters of the Kyocera Group, was founded in 1959 as a producer of fine ceramics (also known as "advanced ceramics"). By combining these engineered materials with metals and plastics, and integrating them with other technologies, Kyocera Corporation has become a leading supplier of solar electric generating systems, telecommunications equipment, copiers, printers, electronic components, semiconductor packages, cutting tools and industrial ceramics. During the year ended March 31, 2009, the company's net sales totaled 1.13 trillion yen (approximately US$11.5 billion). Kyocera marked its 50th anniversary in 2009, and the 40th anniversary of its U.S. operations. It is ranked #418 on Forbes magazine's 2009 "Global 2000" listing of the world's largest publicly traded companies.